What a noble attempt. Right? Karunanidhi's action speaks for itself
- 19 July 2008: Karunanidhi doesn't go on fast but senior leaders of his party do. Reason - Protest killing of fishermen by Sri Lankan foreces
- 1 October 2007: Karunanidhi goes on indefinite fast protesting the dealys in the Sethusamudram project.
- December 2003: Karunanidhi ends fast within minutes of starting one protesting the arrest of partyman.
- 2002: Karunanidhi goes on fast protesting attacks on his MLA office in Chennai.
- June 2001: Karunanidhi goes on fast protesting his arrest by the Jayalalitha regime
You make your own judgement. Is Karunanidhi today's version of Mahatma Gandhi or is he a selfish politician?